FARE THEE WELL, BANDUNG, INDONESIA!


THE LAST REMAINING DAYS IN INDONESIA (THE SADDEST PART)
August 27-31, 2018           




On our last Friday in Bandung, we chose to spend it in Bandung zoo, I was able to see animals which can’t be found in the Philippines haha. It was fun, thoughF
                                                                                                                                           


 Aug. 29
It’s our last Saturday here in Indonesia, and in two days will be our departure. We visited every school we shared memories with. We had a farewell party at FKIP UNPAS together with the faculty. At first we had a cultural exchange wherein we showed our traditional costumes and our traditional dances.  And then we did a little dancing and singing jus to enjoy ourselves from the sad moment. The teachers sang us a farewell song, too.




Looking back in our one month stay in Indonesia, I couldn’t be more thankful with the Lord for the wonderful experience. Though there may be some struggles, challenges, culture shocks along the way, still my God is faithful. And even though, there were some people who doubted in me, who were insecure of me being able to fly to another country, and people who tried to bring me down instead of encourage me during my journey, all I can do is forgive you, and tell you this, “LOOK! I MADE IT! I ended the month successfully and happily, I gained new experiences and lessons, thank you for the challenge! It helped me understand myself better”.

PS: “Always think of yourself as an arrow. An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.”


This ends my blog here. CARITAS CHRISTI URGET NOS! May the love of CHRIST impel us, NOW AND FOREVER! AMEN.

 

This is Charmaine Joyce Almenie, your Southeast Asian Student Teacher Exchange, officially signing off. ✈

Comments

Popular posts

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

SEA-Student Teacher REPORT

Touchdown Indonesia!

Chapter 3: HOW TO UNDERSTAND AN INDONESIAN CLASS