FINAL TEACHING DEMO: Passed or Failed?


WEEK 4: FINAL TEACHING DEMO: Passed or Failed?



This week was the evaluation week. I did my final teaching demo in Grade 8 Class G, I was observed by the school supervisor Dr. Ebrahim Yusuf and a coordinator Miss Novi. Since we were given the chance to choose our own topic, I chose “Physical Activity and it’s forms”. I taught the kids the value of being physically fit because people often neglect the essence of physical activity in our lives. I wanted them to realize that Physical Education is not just a minor issue in us but it plays a major role in all the aspects in our lives and has a major impact especially in our health. Without these movements, we wouldn’t be able to perform our daily routine healthily. I showed them pictures of obese people and in every slides I let them read the English definition and its’ Indonesian translation. I also used the technologies available to implement 21st century teaching (speakers, lcd projector). The students participated well and the lesson activated their prior knowledge because the topic was a life issue. I let them performed a zumba dance using their famous pop song entitled ”Lagi Syantik”. The kids were hyped when they heard the song. It’s actually my favorite and it’s funny cause I already memorized it. Some teachers would say I’m good in speaking Indonesian language.

Overall, my final demo was somehow fun yet knowledgeable. I didn’t receive any bad comments or feedbacks during the evaluation but I know I still have to improve my skills in some aspects. Anyways, things take time to be perfect. I’m still learning and just getting ready for the future.

I know I did my best because I promised myself to give all that I can because this is a once in a lifetime experience. At least I didn’t get any disappointments. In a span of one month, I learned a lot of things; from failures and bad experiences which turned into lessons. It was all worth the hustle.






Technology I used

Comments

Popular posts

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

SEA-Student Teacher REPORT

Touchdown Indonesia!

Chapter 3: HOW TO UNDERSTAND AN INDONESIAN CLASS